Recently, Flexstone Coatings were completely approved for use on flat roofs all across Canada. This opens an appealing new market for our outstanding membranes to be utilized for the application of flat green roofing.
Flexstone is comprised of: a thick water-catalyzed urethane base, an aromatic urethane top-coat, a blend of fire-resistant acrylic chips, and a one-part clear urethane finish coat (for more information see our Products Section.
The system is UV stable, 100% seamless, flexible, waterproof, and resistant to below freezing temperatures (originally invented for ski-resorts). The durability of Flexstone is unmatched, and the cost is competitive or even lower than other like systems.
The Flexstone green roofing system has a series of valuable property advantages (read on below) that make our product an easy choice for any flat green roofing project.
FLEXSTONE GREEN ROOFING ADVANTAGES:
- Canada wide CCMC approved for roofing applications
- Completely waterproof and seamless
- Won’t crack or fade over time
- Winterproof. (originally used for ski-resorts)
- Retained flexibility
- Reflective finish coats energy saving
- Protects our landfills from more roofing waste.
- Flat roofs can instantly become a roof-deck
- Luxurious finishes
- Pavers, tiles, or deck boards can be installed on top of the membrane
- Flame free which saves on insurance costs associated with flame-applied membranes.
- Swap out finish types and colours for a fraction of the initial cost.
- Lower cost, better looking and longer lasting than torch-on.
It is with confidence that we say, Flexstone green roofing system is the future of flat roofing. Homeowners can improve their deck areas by switching their unattractive decks to a stunning social area. Residential building owners can provide tenants and unit owners with beautiful and durable common areas. Large industrial and commercial clients can reduce their costs on the application of the product as well as on their cost of energy. Construction managers can be reassured that our membrane is fully approved for any application in all spaces, and they can also benefit from the low-cost, the ease-of-application, and LEED approved product properties.